How unique is your browser?
Project has ended. Thank you for helping me collecting 23,709 datasets!
To take part in this project, no additional software or plugins are needed. Only data that can be retrieved on any website will be stored.
- Connection data (your IP address and your TCP port)
- HTTP header data (referral site, your browser name and description, accept-information)
- Cookie support (yes/no)
- Your screen resolution and available screen space, color depth, pixel depth
- Java support (yes/no)
- Your timezone
- System colors
- Flash plugin version (if installed)
- Adobe Acrobat plugin version (if installed)
- Silverlight plugin version (if installed)
- Additional plugins (name, description, file name)
- Supported mime types (type name, description)
- List of installed fonts
Furthermore a cookie will be placed on your computer containing a unique identification number. This is needed to verify fingerprints later on. This project also tries to create a PNG image with a number coded into the available color channels. Other websites may contain this project as an embedded frame to support it. That is, a browser fingerprint for this project can be invoked from other sites as well, but these content provider do not have access to the data saved.
The entire diploma thesis, including source code of this project and all data that was gathered, will be publicly published. All IP addresses, font lists, plugin lists and mime type lists will be anonymized, i. e. it will not possible to actually see lists of installed fonts (only so-called hash values will be published).